Public Holidays in the Republic of Ireland
The Public Holidays of the Republic of Ireland are;
- In the Republic of Ireland the academic year in primary schools lasts from September 1 to June 30.
- The academic year is composed of 182 schooldays (with 6 in-service days this is reduced to 176) and schools are not open in July or August.
- The first mid-term break is usually a week at the end of October (commonly called the Halloween break.
- The Christmas break lasts from just before Christmas to the first weekday after January 6 (17-21 days).
- The second mid-term break is now of two days duration taken in the third week of February (commonly called the Shrove[?] break.
- The Easter break consists of a week before Easter to the 2nd Monday after Easter (10 school days or 16 days inclusive).
- In the last term holidays are flexible and are generally arranged around the public holidays in May and June.