- A landscape in the western part of Norway, consisting of the municipalities Odda, Ullensvang, Eidfjord, Ulvik and Granvin.
- A fjord around which the landscape of Hardanger is centered
- A mountain plateau in Norway, Hardangervidda.
- A string instrument from Norway, also hardingfele. It is similar to a violin, but different enough that a violin repairman who works on one is likely to ruin it. It has eight strings; four are played like a violin, while the other four resonate sympathetically.
- A form of embroidery. Hardanger embroidery comes from the district of the same name. It consists of drawn thread embroidery in white on a coloured piece of Hardanger cloth.