ASCII Drawing Interchange file format
Redirected from DXF
Standard ASCII text files used in CAD products such as AutoCAD to store vector data. Uses the extension .DXF.
The basic organization of a AutoCAD DXF file is as follows:
- HEADER section - General information about the drawing. Each parameter has a variable name and an associated value.
- TABLES section - This section contains definitions of named items.
- Linetype (LTYPE) table
- Layer table
- Text style (STYLE) table
- View table
- User Coordinate System (UCS) table
- Viewport configuration (VPORT) table
- BLOCKS section - This section contains Block Definition entities describing the entities comprising each Block in the drawing.
- ENTITIES section - This section contains the drawing entities, including any Block References.
- END OF FILE