In telecommunication, the term call has the following meanings:
- In communications, any demand to set up a connection.
- A unit of traffic measurement.
- The actions performed by a call originator.
- The operations required to establish, maintain, and release a connection.
- To use a connection between two stations.
- The action of bringing a computer program, a subprogram, or a subroutine into effect, usually by specifying the entry conditions and the entry point[?].
Source: from Federal Standard 1037C and from MIL-STD-188