1975 in music
1974 in music,
other events of 1975,
1976 in music and the
list of 'years in music'.
- January 2 - New York City US District Court Judge Richard Owen rules that former Beatle John Lennon and his lawyers can have access to Department of Immigration files pertaining to his deportation case.
- January 5 - The Wiz[?], a new version of the classic The Wizard of Oz story, opens at Broadway's Majestic Theater[?] in New York City
- January 6 - Approximately 1000 Led Zeppelin fans cause an estimated $30,000 in damage to the lobby of the Boston Garden. The fans had been waiting for tickets to go on sale for Led Zeppelin's February 4 concert. The fans reportedly broke chairs and doors and caused other damage to the building. Boston Mayor Kevin White cancels the upcoming show
- January 8 - Three Led Zeppelin concerts at Madison Square Garden sell out in a record four hours.
- January 12 - "The Warner Brothers Music Show" begins a nine city, 18 show tour of Europe. The tour included Warner Brothers acts Little Feat[?], Tower of Power[?], the Doobie Brothers, Bonaroo[?], Montrose & Graham[?] and Central Station[?]
- February 15 - Soul Train[?] premieres on television in the United States. The shows first performance is by Gino Vannelli[?]
- March 2 - Los Angeles Police make a routine traffic stop that turns out to be Paul McCartney and his wife Linda. Linda McCartney is arrested for having six to eight ounces of marijuana in her pocketbook.
- March 26 - The film version of The Who's Tommy premiers in London
- April 3 - Steve Miller[?] is arrested and charged with setting fire to the clothes and personal effects of a friend, Benita DiOrio, and resisting arrest. DiOrio drops the charges the following day.
- April 18 - Alice Cooper's first television special, Welcome To My Nightmare: The Making Of A Record Album airs
- April 23 - Badfinger's Peter Ham[?] hangs himself in his London garage
- April 28 - Tom Snyder[?] interviews John Lennon on the Tomorrow Show.
- May 10 - Stevie Wonder performs before 125,000 people at the Washington Monument as part of Human Kindness Day festivities.
- Bob Dylan's Rolling Thunder Revue tour
- Firefall[?] forms
- The Ramones sign to Sire Records[?]
- The Sex Pistols form
- Pere Ubu forms in August
- .38 Special forms
For a more detailed list of hits by month, see here (http://home.earthlink.net/~yellowbrickroad/1975.htm).
- February 7 - Wes Borland[?], Limp Bizkit
- February 20 - Brian Littrell[?], The Backstreet Boys
- March 10 - Jerry Horton[?], Papa Roach
- April 26 - Jose Pasillas[?], Incubus
- May 8 - Enrique Iglesias[?]
- May 25 - Lauryn Hill, The Fugees
- May 29 - Scary Spice[?], The Spice Girls
- September 11 - Brad Fischetti[?], LFO[?]
- September 22 - Mystikal
- October 9 - Sean Ono Lennon[?], son of John Lennon and Yoko Ono
- November 6 - Mike Herrera, MxPx
- November 14 - Travis Barker, Blink-182