Centuries: 19th century - 20th century - 21st century
Decades: 1880s 1890s 1900s 1910s 1920s - 1930s - 1940s 1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s
Years: 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 - 1934 - 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939
Art, Culture & Fashion
- January 8 - Bart Starr[?], American football star
- January 11 - Jean Chrétien, Prime Minister of Canada
- January 22 - Bill Bixby, television actor (+ 1993)
- February 5 - Hank Aaron, Baseball Hall of Famer
- February 11 - Francesco Pennisi[?], composer.
- February 11 - John Surtees, British race car driver.
- February 11 - Patrick Holmes Sellors[?], ophthalmologist.
- February 11 - Mary Quant, fashion designer.
- February 11 - Tina Louise[?], actress.
- February 12 - Bill Russell[?], basketball star
- February 13 - George Segal[?], actor
- February 14 - Florence Henderson, actress
- February 17 - Alan Bates, actor
- February 17 - Barry Humphries[?] (aka "Dame Edna Everage"), actor, comedian
- February 18 - Paco Rabanne[?], fashion designer
- February 20 - Bobby Unser[?], automobile racer
- February 24 - Bettino Craxi[?], Prime Minister of Italy (+ 2000)
- February 27 - Ralph Nader, consumer activist
- March 4 - Janez Strnad, Slovene physicist.
- March 9 - Yuri Gagarin, cosmonaut, first human in space (+ 1968)
- March 11 - Sam Donaldson[?], reporter
- March 16 - Ray Hnatyshyn, former Canadian Governor-General
- March 20 - Willie Brown[?], mayor of San Francisco, California
- March 22 - Orrin Hatch, politician (Senator from Utah)
- March 26 - Alan Arkin, actor
- March 31 - Shirley Jones, singer, actress
- April 2 - Brian Glover[?], British actor, wrestler (+ 1997)
- April 2 - Paul Joseph Cohen[?], mathematician.
- April 3 - Jane Goodall, zoologist
- April 26 - Alan Akrin[?], actor
- May 13 - Adolf Muschg[?], author
- May 14 - Siân Phillips, actress
- May 15 - Alvin F. Poussaint[?], physicist, psychiatrist, educator
- May 19 - James Lehrer[?], journalist, co-anchor
- May 22 - Peter Nero[?], musician
- May 23 - Dr. Robert Moog, inventor of Moog synthesizer
- May 28 - world's first surviving quintuplets, the Dionne quintuplets[?], born at Corbeil[?], Ontario, Canada
- May 30 - Aleksei Leonov, cosmonaut and first person to walk in space
- June 6 - Albert II of Belgium.
- July 13 - Aleksei Yeliseyev, cosmonaut
- July 15 - Harrison Birtwistle, composer
- August 2 - Valery Bykovsky, cosmonaut
- August 18 - Roberto Clemente, Baseball Hall of Famer.
- September 17 - Maureen Connolly, tennis star (+ 1969)
- September 20 - Sophia Loren, Italian actress.
- November 9 - Carl Sagan, US astronomer.
- December 3- Viktor Gorbatko, cosmonaut
- December 18 - Boris Volynov, cosmonaut
- December 27 - Larissa Latynina, USSR gymnast.
- Harlan Ellison, US science-fiction writer.